How much does a tummy tuck cost?
All You Need To Know About Liposuction:
Liposuction is a medical process wherein fat deposits are eliminated from the body via a hollow tube called cannula. The fat is literally sucked out from beneath the skin via a powerful vacuum effect that leaves almost no traces of this unwanted material behind.
It usually involves the administration of a general anesthesia or the local variety depending on the condition of the patient.
A certain amount of preparation goes into this procedure as well. The doctor you go to will probably tell you to avoid taking any medication or anticoagulants before the medical procedure. If you are susceptible to general anesthesia then the practitioner will advise you to start fasting the night before.
Local anesthesia does not require this on the other hand.
Get rid of all the cigarettes to avoid complications. If you stop smoking for two months prior to the treatment not only will you avoid infections, but your surgical scars will heal much faster. That’s because nicotine can interfere with circulation itself thus reducing the number of healthy tissues from forming.
What to expect…
Besides the above mentioned tips, you should expect the following advice if your surgeon is qualified for this delicate procedure:
- Your doctor will have a meeting with you in which he/she will ask about the areas you wish to have the treatment on along with the after effects to expect.
- The areas to be treated will be marked (and sometimes photographed) with a marker after which you will be asked to sign a consent form.
- You will be given medication including antibiotics before the surgery to aid in the healing process.
- After the procedure is done, the surgeon will insert sutures to sew up the treated areas which can take a few weeks to heal properly.
- In case of a minor surgery, you may be able to leave for home to recover on the same day.
If you need to undergo liposuction, you have to start collecting money for non-surgical as well as the surgical procedures to be performed on you. The former consists of charges for nursing staff, use of the operating room, pre and post lab work along with the supplies and equipment that will be used.
Average treatment costs on some areas are as follows:
- Hips: $2400
- Outer Thighs: $3000
- Buttocks: $1800
- Lower and Upper Abdomen: $2,000 – $3,000
Non-surgical charges can go up to an additional $1600 totaling $8,800 for the total procedure. The sum may seem hefty but it will be better to shell out this much for a professional than an unprofessional one.
You may even end up paying additional charges for a botched procedure. These include abnormalities like tummy tuck that leaves you unsatisfied, larger than normal scars, uneven skin due to an improper surgery, unsightly depressions or contusions on the skin etc.
Liposuction can give your image and confidence a whole new lease on life if it’s done by a skilled practitioner. Make sure to solicit experienced surgeon instead of one who hasn’t had much experience, to save you from any complications later on.